Monday, November 28, 2016

Controlled Chaos

I thought after the upgraded clutch cover and timing belt covers I was done, but after showing my photos to a friend of mine who subsequently said it looked like shit with wires all over, I decided I needed to clean up the wiring loom.
Ducati builds amazing bikes, but lets face it; the wiring loom and zip ties all over the damn frame is a clusterfuck and was pissing me off. So, it was time to get to work.

If you see photos from the previous posts, there are zip ties all over the frame. Its not bad, but its not good, at least not good enough for me. Its also next to impossible to work on the bike with wires everywhere. I tagged everything with matching color code tags. I really didn't feel like toasting the bike's ECU from connecting the wrong wires back together. If you look closely, you can see an aftermarket set of "open" DanMoto timing belt covers. Those didn't last long, I hated them. The anodized finish started bleaching out in the sun right away, and they just didn't look good. I replaced them with SpeedyMoto open belt covers later on.

Look at this mess. If you look closely you can see the color coded labels I
placed on the wires so I could match the male ends with the right female ends

No comments:

Post a Comment